Explore our "worship" pages to find our more about our prayer and worship and for links to ways in which we can develop our time with our heavenly Father.
Why do we pray?
Remember that Communication is two way – you have to convey your message, but you also have to LISTEN to the other person’s message. When we think about our earthly family:
- We love our parents and we need to show our love for them
- We know that they love us and we feel overjoyed when we experience their love for us.
- Our parents would guide us to do the right thing and take the right path.
- They would explain things when we don’t understand and we question them.
- We would want to thank our parents when we are given a gift or a helping hand.
- Our parents care for us when we are sick or when we are in trouble.
- They would advice us how to keep away from trouble.
These are the same reasons why we communicate with God or pray to God.